Gettin’ Down…with Labor Workshop
Duration: 4.5 hours
Labor is an active process, so it makes sense that Mom & Dad should be active as well! Freedom of movement is an important part of an effective labor and birth – in a number of studies, it has been shown that movement may result in mom experiencing less painful labor, less need for pain meds, shorter labors, and fewer cesarean surgeries. Pair movement with various comfort techniques, and you’re setting yourself up for a prepared, empowering birth. So let’s get down!
This four hour class will help Moms and their partners learn and practice a variety of pain coping practices and comfort measures, including various positions and movements, to help them deal with labor and birth. We use Birthing From Within pain coping practices while incorporating the Lamaze Philosophy of normal birth. It’s the perfect supplement to a typical childbirth series or as a refresher for those expecting again!
In this class, we will
- Review the stages of labor;
- Learn about the six ways to progress in labor;
- Practice different positions and movements for the various stages of labor;
- Use different comfort techniques to find out what works best to keep you relaxed and happy;
- Discuss back labor: what it is, pain management techniques, and ways to help baby turn;
- Demonstrate different pushing position possibilities;
- Experience a labor simulation where you get to use the techniques that you’ve learned.
Different comfort techniques include the use of counterpressure, acupressure, aromatherapy/scents, massage, visualizations, use of focal points, and more!
** To view dates & fees, please click the tab above.
This workshop takes place quarterly at Align & Thrive Family Chiropractic in Temecula.
$60 per couple, includes birth ball ($15 value).
My Doula Client: FREE!
- August Workshop: Sun 8/20/17, 9a-1:30p
- December Workshop: Sun 12/10/17, 12-4:30p
Click here to register!