One Day Childbirth Education Workshop
Duration: 8 hours
“Lamaze” is omitted from this name, because it must be a minimum of 12 hours in length to qualify.
Whether looking for a refresher course or just trying to squeeze a course into your tight schedule, this class will give you the refresher information that you need to be prepared for the birth of this new child. Like the 5- or 6-week series, this class will be interactive, emphasizing Lamaze’s Healthy Care Practices.
Topics covered in the series will also be covered in this refresher, although there will be fewer activities and information will be condensed. I try to emphasize those topics that have been reported to be the most useful to past students, while providing resources for other topics. Breastfeeding & newborn care are not covered, so additional classes are strongly recommended if you have questions in those areas!
- Lamaze’s (evidence-based) Healthy Birth Practices,
- Confidence & birth satisfaction,
- Mindfulness in Childbirth,
- Pain coping practices, including breathing techniques,
- Overcoming fears,
- Informed decision making,
- Stages of labor & what to expect,
- Supporting the birthing mother,
- Comfort measures & positions,
- Common interventions & pain med options,
- Postpartum care,
- and more!
* Note: There is nothing comparable to taking a series as this really is a LOT of information packed into a short period of time. However, if schedules don’t allow a series, this course is an acceptable alternative. It is designed as a refresher course for repeat parents though.
Classes take place on a Sunday from 9a-6p (Lunch Break from 1-2p) at Align & Thrive Family Chiropractic in Temecula.
$100 per couple, includes Childbirth Ed workbook.
My Doula Client: FREE!
READY TO SIGN UP?
“Maggie’s childbirth class is the BEST one I have ever seen!
“As a mom of five and a professional Birth Doula, I know there are a lot of different types of CBE classes out there, and many different teaching styles – and I absolutely understand the VALUE of good information for new parents-to-be.
“I now recommend Maggie’s Lamaze class to ALL of my doula clients, and often also suggest that they take her incredible Evidence Based Birth course. The wealth of EVIDENCE BASED INFORMATION that Maggie offers in a fun and interactive format, will prepare any parent for the amazing roller coaster ride that is labor, birth, and parentling.
“Maggie is an incredible CBE instructor, and a very valuable part of our local birth community. Take her classes for a BETTER birth experience”Gaile Gonzales via doulamatch.net